Team Engagement & Marketing
These guidelines will help your team shine when it comes time to evaluate teams for grants in the coming years. The deadline for completion is May 1st, 2019.
Grant Award Checklists
For teams who have received a grant, download our handy checklists to ensure you’re doing everything required for the grant:
- Dell Grant Checklist
- Qualcomm Grant Checklist (coming soon)
- Texas Workforce Commission – FIRST Robotics Competition Grant Checklist
- Texas Workforce Commission – FIRST Tech Challenge Grant Checklist
engage with your sponsors
Our sponsors LOVE to hear from teams – they especially love to see you in action working on your robot, practicing your presentations, or having fun at events. Here are some ways to show sponsors your appreciation:
- Recognize your sponsors in your team’s FIRST® account (TWC, Dell, Qualcomm, etc.)
- Engage your community with the social media/marketing suggestions below
- Recognize your sponsors and FIRST® in Texas on a team website, if you have one
- Create an online video about your team that recognizes your sponsors
social media and marketing guide summary
Please find more details below.
- Use all proper logos (found below) on marketing materials
- Use the sample messages below and tag our accounts
- Tag us in any postings on social media
- Copy any media inquiries for your team to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow FIRST® in Texas on Facebook and Twitter
End Of Season Report
In March 2019, all grant recipients will receive the “End of Season Report” as an Additional Form on their grant application Submission.
Future grant eligibility is dependent on completion of the End of Season Report!
The Report will require you to submit the following materials / complete the following tasks:
- Student survey: to be completed once by each team member. Student survey data helps our sponsors understand the important impact FIRST® programs have in students’ lives and career choices, and thus helps us secure funding for future years.
- Applicant survey: to be completed once by the Coach who submitted the application.
- Team Photo: upload a photo (.jpg or .png) of your full team, with your robot, and your team number on display. Make it fun – dress up, wear silly hats, take this photo in your Pit at an event!
- Final Demographic Report: we understand that team membership may change over the course of the season. We will ask you to update the demographic data originally submitted in your grant application.
- Sponsor Thank-You Notes: upload a Sponsor Thank-You note for each sponsor who supported your team via a FIRST in Texas team grant (PDF format; can be a typed letter or scan of a handwritten letter. Including all team members’ signatures makes a big impact!).
- List of Awards: If your team received any awards, we will ask you to input the award name and event at which it was received.
Thank you for your participation and commitment. We look forward to receiving your materials!
All teams must use the FIRST® in Texas logo on their marketing materials. Use any and all sponsor logos for your team on the robot, your website or blog, team shirts, etc.
- For all FIRST® in Texas grantees: Use this Logo
- For all Texas Workforce Commission grantees: Use this logo
- For all Qualcomm grantees: Click here to download the logo zip file
- Read the Qualcomm Logo Guidelines
- For all Dell grantees: Visit the Dell Logo site and click the “Request a Logo (third parties)” Button. Use the following information to answer the questions:
- Q2: “FIRST in Texas is an official partner with Dell through the Dell Giving program. As part of its grant proposal, it provides funding to robotics teams in Texas. The team, ___________, is one of this year’s grant recipients and would like to recognize Dell’s contribution by using the Dell logo on [t-shirts/competition robot/banner/etc.].
- Q3: “Use of Dell’s logo will communicate to competition participants and management Dell’s role in supporting high school robotics programs.”
- Q5: No
- Q9: Jess Jankowitsch, email@example.com
Media/Press Outreach & Inquiries
We will provide templates for you to use to promote your team’s presence at upcoming events to local news outlets. For media inquiries about events regarding FIRST® in Texas, contact us.
Please follow our accounts for the latest news:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FIRSTinTexas
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/firstintexas
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/firstintexas
For grantees, please follow these accounts:
- Use the hashtag #leaveyourlegacy, #poweringthepossible, and tag @Dell4good
Texas Workforce Commission:
Important notes when promoting via:
- Tag @FIRSTinTexas
- Tag @FIRSTintexas
- Use the hashtag #omgrobots
Sample Social Media Posts
All of these are within 1-3 characters of the 140 max so if you make edits make sure it’s within 140. Make sure to fill in with your specific sponsor or season!
- Thank you to @txworkforce and @firstintexas for supporting our robotics team at Worlds! #omgrobots
Sample Facebook Posts:
- We’re going to rock in this year’s FIRST Robotics Competition thanks to @3M & @FIRSTintexas, our team’s sponsors! #omgrobots
- Thank you to @Dell for supporting our robotics team, we look forward to competing this year! #leaveyourlegacy #poweringthepossible #omgrobots @Dell4good
Other Marketing Materials
Logos on Team Apparel, Banners, etc.:
To comply with your grant, please place sponsor logos on the back of
your team t-shirts or other team apparel, banners, team marketing materials, etc. When using the FIRST® and FIRST® in Texas logos, you must adhere
to FIRST Branding & Design Standards.
Please tag our Facebook page or Twitter account when publishing so we
can share photos on our networks.