Team Engagement & Marketing
These guidelines will help your team shine when it comes time to evaluate teams for grants in the coming years. The deadline for completion is May 15, 2016.
what we need from you
The following actions will improve your chances of receiving a grant next year.
- Have each team member submit a Student Survey
- COMING SOON!
This survey is the best tool we have to acquire new grants in coming years. The information provided helps our sponsors understand the important impact FIRST® programs have in students’ lives and career choices.
- Recognize your funder’s support in your team’s FIRST account TWC, Dell, Freescale Foundation, 3M
- Submit Photo Release Form (.docx) for each team member scanned into one PDF
- Engage your community with the social media/marketing suggestions below
- Thank your sponsors
- Update FIRST® in Texas when your team wins awards at competitions
- Recognize your funders and FIRST® in Texas on a team website, if one is available
- Follow FIRST® in Texas on Facebook and Twitter
- Submit a photo or narrative of your team in action
- Create an online video about your team that recognizes your funder(s)
social media and marketing guide summary
Please find more details below.
- Use all proper logos (found below) on marketing materials
- Use the sample messages below and tag our accounts
- Tag us in any postings on social media
- Copy any media inquiries for your team to email@example.com
Thank you for your participation and commitment. We look forward to receiving your materials!
All teams must use the FIRST® in Texas logo on their marketing materials. Use any and all sponsor logos for your team on the robot, your website or blog, team shirts, etc.
Media/Press Outreach & Inquiries
We will provide templates for you to use to promote your team’s presence at upcoming events to local news outlets. For media inquiries about events regarding FIRST® in Texas, contact us.
Please follow our accounts for the latest news:
For grantees, please follow these accounts:
- Use the hashtag #leaveyourlegacy, #poweringthepossible, and tag @Dell4good
Texas Workforce Commission:
Important notes when promoting via:
- Tag @FIRSTinTexas
- Tag @FIRSTintexas
- Use the hashtag #omgrobots
Sample Social Media Posts
All of these are within 1-3 characters of the 140 max so if you make edits make sure it’s within 140. Make sure to fill in with your specific sponsor or season!
- Thank you to @txworkforce and @firstintexas for supporting our robotics team at World’s! #omgrobots
Sample Facebook Posts:
- We’re going to rock in this year’s FIRST Robotics Competition thanks to @3M @NXP & @FIRSTintexas, our team’s sponsors! #omgrobots
- Thank you to @Dell for supporting our robotics team, we look forward to competing this year! #leaveyourlegacy #poweringthepossible #omgrobots @Dell4good
Other Marketing Materials
Logos on Team Apparel, Banners, etc.:
To comply with your grant, please place sponsor logos on the back of
your team t-shirts or other team apparel, banners, team marketing materials, etc. When using the FIRST® and FIRST® in Texas logos, you must adhere
to FIRST Branding & Design Standards.
Please tag our Facebook page or Twitter account when publishing so we
can share photos on our networks.