- This event has passed.
February 25 @ 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM CST
FIRST in Texas is excited to announce the South Texas FIRST Tech Challenge Regional being held at McAllen High School on February 25, 2023. 40 teams will be invited to this event from their league tournament. Teams advancing from this event will advance to the FIRST In Texas – FIRST Tech Challenge State Championship / UIL State Championship. The public is welcome to come cheer on their favorite team. This event will be using live scoring and will be streamed live on YouTube (FTC Channel 3).
There will be a “Spirit Contest” between the attending teams. Teams are encouraged to decorate their pits and to bring their school mascots. Special, non advancement awards will be given for the most spirit!
This is an UIL advancing event
- Judging will be done remotely via Zoom, Feb 22 – 23. Teams my opt to upload a newer Engineering Portfolio or other Award submission. All submissions are due by 5pm Feb 21st.
- Teams are encouraged to set up their pits
- This is a UIL advancing event (UIL State Championship)
- Dean’s List Interviews will occur during Qualification matches
- Dean’s List Interviews will be in person at the event.
- Teams may load-in their pit the evening of Feb 24th. (time TBD)
- Invoice for registration fee sent to coach via email after advancing from League Tournament
Advancement from Regionals to State Champsionship:
- 11 teams will advance to the FIRST in Texas – FTC State Championship via the official FIRST Tech Challenge advancement criteria.
- 2 1A-4A teams will advance to the UIL State Championship
- 5 5A teams will advance to the UIL State Championship
- 5 6A teams will advance to the UIL State Championship
7:30 am – Doors Open
8:00 am – Registration Opens
8:30 am – Pit Interviews Begin (Judging)
9:00 am – Robot Inspection Open (Hardware / Field)
9:15 am – Registration Closes
9:45 am – Robot Inspection Closes
10:00 am – Drivers & Safety Briefing
10:30 am – Opening Ceremonies
11:00 am – Qualification Matches Begin
12:00 pm – Pit Interviews End (Judging)
12:00 pm – Lunch Starts
1:30 pm – Qualification Matches Resume
1:30 pm – Dean’s List Interviews Start
3:00 pm – Dean’s List Interviews Conclude
3:30 pm – Semi-Finals / Finals*
5:30 pm – Awards Ceremony*
6:00 pm – Load-Out Pits*
7:00 pm – Doors Close*
* Subject to change as required.
Invited Teams (FINAL)
12313 8284 22087 6892 4848 12305 12373 18908
Thank you to our event sponsors: