FIRST® Robotics consists of transformative programs that introduce children aged 5-18 to the fun experience of problem solving by applying science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), with the hope that these young people will eventually seek secondary educational opportunities and explore STEM careers.
We hope you will support these exciting student programs that make science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) as cool for kids as sports.
FIRST® is structured to promote teamwork, cooperation, gracious professionalism, and 21stcentury skills. It is not uncommon to see engineers or students from one team working to program, repair and even enhance another team’s robot. These are opportunities for students to build the soft skills in communication and teamwork that employers seek in their potential employees.
FIRST® is not a science fair, nor is it like other science-based educational programs. The secret ingredient behind FIRST®is the relationship that develops between students and the adult role models who serve as their mentors. We believe if students are allowed to play with the pros, they will aspire to be like the pros.
We hope you will support these exciting student programs that make science, technology, engineering and math as cool for kids as sports.
Can you participate as a FIRST in Texas Official Statewide Partner or Event Sponsor?
We think you could be a good fit because:
- The programs focus heavily on preparing the next generation of technology leaders and innovators (engineers, IT and cybersecurity specialists, roboticists, and other STEM employees) in Texas.
- We attract a significant audience of target-market adults who fill the role of mentors or volunteers.
- We have a statewide reach that encompasses not only metropolitan areas but also unsaturated areas for development in rural regions. No matter what your demographic target is, FIRST®in Texas has students participating in programs across Texas.
- We focus on recruiting underserved populations including girls, students of color, students with different abilities, and economically challenged schools and students.
- As a FIRST in Texas partner, your organization can be featured on print and electronic regional and/or statewide advertising and promoted on social media and at supported events throughout the season depending on your investment level. WE also offer a wide variety of virtual events where your organization can be highlighted or be an active participant. Additionally, we will recognize your organization at our FIRST in Texas State Championship events, which draws over 9,000 cheering fans – the culmination of months of student research, robot design, building and programming. Cash and in-kind donations will receive sponsor benefits.
- If you are interested in supporting this dynamic program that cultivates tomorrow’s math and science heroes, please consider becoming a season sponsor at one of the levels described on the linked sponsorship benefits forms. Your company can choose to support FIRST®in Texas at many levels. Please contact us, and we will be happy to work with you to identify the level that best fits your needs.
- As an individual, you understand the value of education and the accomplishments of our students and want to support our efforts.
How Can We Invest In Texas?
1. Sponsor an Event
Sponsorship opportunities are available per area of the state or event and support the full season of competition with special recognition given at the district, state, or regional events. Social media promotions and recognition will occur throughout the season. Some promotions are time sensitive to be included in programs or on volunteer t-shirts. All sponsors donating $2,500 or more will be listed in the UIL FRC State Championship program.
2. Provide Mentors
Role models have been cited as a key to impacting students’ decisions on exploring STEM in higher education and as a career choice. Spreading the word about mentorship opportunities with your company and network is a huge opportunity to engage your employees with the community and support students. FIRST® in Texas can arrange a site visit for a team to excite your employees about the innovative way they design, create, program, and drive their robot, and make mentor matches with local teams.
3. Provide Multi-Team Grants
✓ Minimum contribution of $15,000.00 per season with a majority designated for unrestricted team
support. (Administration and reporting fees included)
✓ Minimum of five teams supported (any FIRST in Texas program)
✓ Donor can identify teams directly or allow FIRST in Texas to identify teams based on donor parameters
✓ Recognition on the FIRST in Texas website
✓ Recognition by funded teams per donor direction
Your partnership with FIRST® in Texas will help ensure students have access to the unique learning experiences we offer through our programs. Through the resources our partners provide, they are helping build the school-to-career pipeline that will provide the motivation and opportunities to inspire young people to become the next generation of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professionals.