FIRST in Texas Professional Development Educational Series
“Building a 21st Century Campus”
FIRST in Texas Professional Development Series are hands on minds on learning experiences that help educators develop the skills necessary to effectively integrate coding and robotics into formal and informal classrooms to actively engage 21st Century learners in class or after school. We offer one day 6-hour, workshop and multi day series ( up to 24 hours total) that give meaningful best practices in effectively use the motivational values of robotics to impact student’s interest and academic achievement in computer science, science, technology engineering and mathematics (CS- STEM).
Each course is taught by an experienced Professional Alliance Leader (PAL) trained by FIRST in Texas with experience facilitating hands on robotics based courses for learners who are beginners or advanced. In addition to learning technical skills, educators learn how to teach key math and science concepts and engineering principles while making learning fun!
In each of our one-day (6 Hours) or multi day training (up to 24 Hours), educators will learn to:
- • Manage 21st Century CS-STEM Classrooms using best practices and research based pedagogy
- • Facilitate hands-on lessons using the latest robotics hardware and software resources
- • Integrate Science, Math, and Literacy into lesson plans and innovative instructional methods
- • Design and align project-based coding and robotics curricula to Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- • Making learning to code fun for students using FIRST LEGO League and FIRST LEGO League Jr. Robot Missions
- • Technical Training on coding for beginner to advanced programming languages
- • Earn Professional Development Hours or Continuing Education Hours (up to 24 Hours)
FIRST in Texas Professional Development is available for the following programs:
- • FIRST LEGO League Jr.
- • FIRST LEGO League
- • FIRST Tech Challenge
2019 Summer Sessions Now Open
REGISTER NOW for a Professional Development event near you. Location/ Date:
• Dallas-Fort Worth Area | July 2019
• San Antonio Area | July 2019
• Houston Area | September 2019
• Amarillo Area | September 2019
Learn more about how you can bring the FIRST in Texas Teacher Enrichment and Professional Development workshops to your school.
Sign up to join and existing training or to be notified when a training is coming to your city.
Question? Contact us