FIRST® Robotics Competition (grades 9-12) gives teams of 10 or more high school students and their adult mentors the opportunity to work and create together to solve a common problem. Challenged to design and build a robot using a standard “kit of parts” and within a common set of rules to play a sophisticated field game − with limited time − brings out the best in students and adults alike. The robot “game” changes every season and is always exciting.
- $6,000 Rookie team/$5,000 Veteran team – Registration includes 2 District Events registration plus a basic kit of parts. Teams can choose to raise additional money and register for a 3rd Play District Event during one season at $1,000 per event
- $1,000 – $3,000+ – Additional raw materials and parts to complete the robot build to expand beyond a very basic “kit bot”.
- $1,000 – $2,000+ – Tools and equipment. Some teams will have schools that will allow use of district shop tools and equipment; other teams will have to purchase their own.
- $500 – $1,500 (optional) – Materials to build practice playing field components.
- $500.00 – $2,000 (optional) – Team apparel, robot cart, meals, presentation materials, promotional items for team spirit, etc.
- Other costs include travel if the event is out of town plus room and board for 2-3 days as these are not single day events.
- Additional Costs if team qualifies for World Championship
- Opens in September
- Typically closes early November
- New game announced in early January
- Register Here!
- District & State Competitions in March and April
- World Championship in late April
- Visit our Calendar to find an event near you.