The Lone Star Region is dedicated to inspiring young people’s interest in science and technology. Through our programs, kids team with local engineers, professors and business people to solve real world engineering challenges.
Students develop technical expertise, and gain self confidence, knowledge and skills to face life’s challenges. They discover they can achieve more than they had ever dreamed possible. We invite you to join us as a team member, volunteer, sponsor or donor.
Latest News & Updates
Tune in to what is happening in the Lone Star Region
FIRST in Texas is supported by a strong network of corporations, educational and professional institutions. Some of the world’s most respected companies provide funding, mentorship time and talent, volunteerism, equipment and more to make STEM education through our K-12 robotics programs a reality. Below is a list of a small subset of the many benefits of partnering with FIRST in Texas.
• Builds a technologically literate work force
• Provides renewed inspiration to company engineers and employees
• Increases employee volunteerism
• Strengthens company reputation in the community
• Provides employee team building and training opportunities
• Inspires students to pursue degrees in Science and Technology
• Helps change people’s lives
Sponsors underwrite our competitions and tournaments, fund our team support activities and encourage their employees to volunteer as events staff, team mentors, coaches, and more. We welcome the support and contribution of sponsors at many levels.
There are a number of ways to give:
• Provide financial support
• Involve employees as mentors and/or volunteers
• Provide equipment and facilities
• Offer scholarships
• Provide internships
Special thanks to everyone who makes events in the Lone Star Region possible. Your contributions is greatly appreciated. You are the reason we are able to equip students for future STEM careers and have successful robotics seasons year after year.
Contact Lone Star Region
All of our programs are geared toward inspiring young people to be science and technology leaders.