LEADERS, CREATORS, AND THINKERS
While the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone’s lives, it hasn’t changed the mission of FIRST® to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders and innovators. That’s why we want your help in developing a new challenge for our students to tackle from home.
The Leaders, Creators, & Thinkers Corporate Challenge brings businesses and high school students together to solve real-world problems. This challenge is seeking businesses of all sizes to identify problems that impact their local or regional community. These problems will be shared with teams of high school students to develop a solution with limited guidance from the presenting corporate team. The student teams receiving first, second, and third place awards will receive a $1,000 team registration grant from FIRST in Texas. All Student Teams will receive a certificate.
- Entry Requirements: Entry must be from corporate entities, universities and/ or small businesses (501c3, LLC, DBA, etc.).
- Corporate Team Requirements: Unlimited members. Must be over the age of 18 and an employee of the corporation, university or business.
- Entries permitted: Each corporation, university or business may have unlimited entries.
Corporate Team Registration:
- Corporate teams will receive an email with their official team number.
- Entry fee: $2,500 per corporate team:
FIT FRC Program Manager
Leaders, Creators, and Thinkers Corporate Challenge Entry Benefits:
- Each Corporate Team’s Real-World Problem will be posted on FIRST in Texas’ Website
- Recognition at Virtual Corporate Challenge Awards Showcase
- Recognition at the Texas Cup – UIL State Championship – 2021
- Minimum of 1 posts on Social Media
- Follow Entrant’s Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Each Corporate Team receives a Recognition Plaque
- Each Corporate Team is eligible for the Leaders (1st), Creators (2nd) and Thinkers (3rd) Award Trophies