So you’ve been awarded a grant – Now what?
These guidelines will help your team shine when it comes time to evaluate teams for grants in the coming years.
Engage with your Sponsors
Our sponsors LOVE to hear from teams – they especially love to see you in action working on your robot, practicing your presentations, or having fun at events. Here are some ways to show sponsors your appreciation:
- Recognize your sponsors in your team’s FIRST® account
- Engage your community with the social media/marketing suggestions below
- Recognize your sponsors and FIRST® in Texas on your team’s website, social media profiles, banners, and shirts
- Create an online video about your team that recognizes your sponsors
social media and marketing guide summary
- Use all proper logos (found below) on marketing materials
- Use the sample messages below and tag our accounts
- Tag us (@FIRSTinTexas) in any postings on social media
- Copy any media inquiries for your team to email@example.com
- Follow FIRST® in Texas (@FIRSTinTexas) on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube | Twitch
Complete the End of Season Report
The End of Season Report form will open in late spring. All grant recipients are expected to complete the End of Season Report. Grant recipients who do not complete the report may not be eligible for FIRST in Texas grants in future seasons.
End of Season Reports are due June 30th, 2022.
The Report will require you to submit the following materials / complete the following tasks:
- Student survey: to be completed once by each team member. Student survey data helps our sponsors understand the important impact FIRST® programs have in students’ lives and career choices, and thus helps us secure funding for future years.
- Applicant survey: to be completed once by the Coach who submitted the application.
- Team Photo: upload a photo (.jpg or .png) of your full team, with your robot, and your team number on display. Make it fun – dress up, wear silly hats, take this photo in your Pit at an event!
- Final Demographic Report: we understand that team membership may change over the course of the season. We will ask you to update the demographic data originally submitted in your grant application.
- Sponsor Thank-You Notes: upload a Sponsor Thank-You note for each sponsor who supported your team via a FIRST in Texas team grant (PDF format; can be a typed letter or scan of a handwritten letter. Including all team members’ signatures makes a big impact!).
- List of Awards: If your team received any awards, we will ask you to input the award name and event at which it was received.
Thank you for your participation and commitment. We look forward to receiving your materials!
Marketing Resources for Teams
All teams must use the FIRST® in Texas logo on their marketing materials. Use any and all sponsor logos for your team on the robot, your website or blog, team shirts, etc.
- For all FIRST® in Texas grantees: Use this Logo
- For all Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) grantees: Use this logo
When using the FIRST® and FIRST® in Texas logos, you must adhere
to FIRST Branding & Design Standards.
Follow these social media accounts and tag your posts with the hashtags listed below when posting to social media.
FIRST in Texas
- @FIRSTinTexas (Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube | Twitch)
- Hashtags: #TexasTeams, #morethanrobots, #FIRSTinTexas
Texas Workforce Commission
Sample Social Media Posts
- Thank you to @txworkforce and @firstintexas for supporting our robotics team! #morethanrobots
Sample Facebook Posts:
- We’re going to rock in this year’s FIRST Robotics Competition thanks to @txworkforce & @FIRSTintexas, our team’s sponsors! #morethanrobots