In FIRST LEGO League Explore, teams of 2 to 6 students ages 6-10 focus on the fundamentals of engineering as they explore real-world problems, learn to design and code, and create unique solutions made with LEGO bricks and powered by LEGO Education WeDo 2.0. Teams present their findings in the form of a team poster and a LEGO model that moves.
Team Registration for FIRST® LEGO® League Explore for the 2022/2023 season is $125 and includes:
- Official FIRST® LEGO® League Explore team number
- Explore Set, used by the team to complete their challenge for the season
- Access to printed and digital season materials
- Resources include the Team Meeting guide, static and interactive version of the Engineering Notebook, and a library of other tools and resources you can use throughout the year.
- Real-world, real-time support and resource sharing through our new Professional Learning Community
- Ability to register for remote and in-person FIRST® LEGO® League Explore Festival Events (varies by region)
- Access to the FIRST® storefront to purchase discounted LEGO® Robot Sets
- Access to team roster to register team members including mentors and participants.
Team Registration fee does not include shipping and handling, registration to FIRST® LEGO® League Explore Festival events, nor guarantees that remote or in-person Festival events are available in your area. Additional costs for event participation, travel, food, team shirts and other optional items will vary.
Additional cost considerations Include:
- New FIRST® LEGO® League Explore teams can expect to pay approximately $400 for team registration and a reusable LEGO Education SPIKETM Essential set.
- Veteran teams will pay less since the LEGO® Education SPIKE Essential or WeDo 2.0 sets can be used year after year. Team registration must be purchased every season.
- FIRST® Program Delivery Partners run FIRST® LEGO® League Explore Festival events which may include physical, remote, or a combination of physical and remote elements. Partners may charge an additional fee to participate in their Festival events, and those fees are set and collected by the Partner.