In FIRST LEGO League Explore, teams of 2 to 6 students ages 6-10 focus on the fundamentals of engineering as they explore real-world problems, learn to design and code, and create unique solutions made with LEGO bricks and powered by LEGO Education WeDo 2.0. Teams present their findings in the form of a team poster and a LEGO model that moves.
Team Registration for FIRST LEGO League Explore for the 2022/2023 season is $125 and includes:
- Official FIRST LEGO League Explore team number
- Explore Set, used by the team to complete their challenge for the season
- Access to printed and digital season materials
- Resources include the Team Meeting guide, static and interactive version of the Engineering Notebook, and a library of other tools and resources you can use throughout the year.
- Real-world, real-time support and resource sharing through our new Professional Learning Community
- Ability to register for remote and in-person FIRST LEGO League Explore Festival Events (varies by region)
- Access to the FIRST storefront to purchase discounted LEGO Robot Sets
- Access to team roster to register team members including mentors and participants.
Team Registration fee does not include shipping and handling, registration to FIRST LEGO League Explore Festival events, nor guarantees that remote or in-person Festival events are available in your area. Additional costs for event participation, travel, food, team shirts and other optional items will vary.
Additional cost considerations Include:
- New FIRST LEGO League Explore teams can expect to pay approximately $400 for team registration and a reusable LEGO Education SPIKETM Essential set.
- Veteran teams will pay less since the LEGO Education SPIKE Essential or WeDo 2.0 sets can be used year after year. Team registration must be purchased every season.
- FIRST Program Delivery Partners run FIRST LEGO League Explore Festival events which may include physical, remote, or a combination of physical and remote elements. Partners may charge an additional fee to participate in their Festival events, and those fees are set and collected by the Partner.
View Pricing and Payment Options